Sunday, October 07, 2007

Yesterday was the big concert. I was so excited...I even had butterflies *and hurricanes* in my stomach. As time was running out I got ready: chose the best clothes, the most funky make-up and perfume and put on my agitated jumpy- jumpy concert mood. Overall feeling good to be going to the concert. I was a big fan of their's when I was in highschool and listen to some songs obsessively I might say. Now...I kinda forgot about them and moved on to others but due to my affinity back them I considered that I should go. I got there at around 5.30pm(because I had to, not 'cause I wanted to go that early) and what did I see? A mass hysteria. There was an enormous waiting line...and when I say enormous I mean a waiting line from The Casin Monastery to the Triumph Arc and around the corner into the Herastrau Park. I think it measured 50 meters or even more (I suck at approximating measurements). The entering hour written, the small print, on the tickets was 6pm but we could enter only at 6.45. Do we need this? Not really but OK... no worries! I had time to talk and talk some more with Aivi and Peesee, my companions for this concert. Heh...Adeenah and Nae were first in line, a friend from Iasi was at the end of the line so communication was established only on a telepathic level with them. This was a great way to see friends all around the country! :D
The setting was nice and I was surprised that they protected the host's grass from the stadium. Even the Toi-Tois were more than enough. At other concerts and festivals there were always a deficit of Toi-Tois.
The first to go on stage was Brett Anderson. A little to indie-gay for me but he performed OK. I was fascinated by his choreography. At about 9pm Matthew Bellamy ( aka Muse's vocal singer) appeared on stage and started to perform. It was blissful! The visuals were incredible, the sound was incredible, the light- effects were incredible, the performance was incredible. The piano solos gave me shivers down the spine. I recognized 95% of the songs they played and knew the lyrics. That was troubling! Was I really that...of a fan? No matter! Now let's comment on the bad aspects...what I'm best at. :D I was intrigued by the fact that if you would have bought the so called VIP tickets you would have a nasty view. The tribune was positioned on the left side and that angle wasn't very revealing. I decided a little too late to get tickets so I could only get those for the B sector of the stadium, those in A being sold out. I was surprised to see how many trendy fucks attended and was also surprised by their behavior. A friend told me that she was surprised to see the amount, yes the amount, of tipsy minors in the back. But I guess that is no surprise: we go to a concert to get drunk out of our minds and blackout on the grass. Being sober at a concert is obsolescent nowadays. Stories with troubled teens at this concert I have quite a few. I won't dwell on it. Another funny incident was the one with the 4 pink bimbos in the A sector who thought they should sit on the fence so they could see better. The hell with those in the back who were not so tall and were able to see shit 'cause their asses. When a BGS guy told them to sit down they had the nerve to give us the finger. Thank God for the chewing gum and empty beer glasses thrown that convinced them to step down! Invincible pink bimbos: no more! One more thing wasn't according my expectations: The band's communication with the public. The stadium was full, almost 10.000 people, and the only words they addressed they're audience was: "Good evening, Bucharest!" and "Goodbye, Bucharest! You were great!". And with that the concert ended and the gadgets were rapidly taken off the stage. Maybe it was unintended form their behalf but still... Oh yeah, and it took me 20 minutes to escape from the stadium meet my friends. If a fire would have started I think we all would have burned alive but thank God it all went normally. So these were the pluses and minuses. The minuses minus the fact that The Guy had problems managing his time and couldn't come. >:P
Overall I had fun and enjoyed them just as much as I did when I was a big fan and it was worth getting annoyed by minors.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

mai mijto a fost la stones..

Kiaviseaza said...

Nu am interactionat cu Stones cand au venit deci...
Daaaar sigur nu au avut aceleasi efecte speciale,eh?eh? :p