Tuesday, October 09, 2007

We're sitting on land mines. Each and every one of us. We're sitting on land mines and gun powder and only a little nudge and/or spark is needed to set them off.
I got out of my building and there's still dark outside. It's kinda awkward to go to school at the hour I used to get back home from parties. It's that part of the day that's dreary and still and not even the wind blows 'cause it's sleepy. At 6.45 am there's a traffic jam on my street. A traditional traffic jam: ceaseless honking, nerves stretched to the maximum and quick tempers that set off at the slightest sign of weakness or insecurity shown behind the wheel. If you try to be polite to one driver, another immediately protests in any way he finds suitable. After 60 minutes I'm in front of Moxa enjoying my coffee, bought after two chicks snapped at me and at the vending machine 'cause it doesn't deliver the coffee faster. I'm more than touched. *yawn* They're more than pissed at the time I'm done getting my coffee. I think I can see they're blood rushing through their veins faster than normal. *giggle* My attempt to go outside ended with some angry looks towards me and pushes from the busy little bees who were in a hurry to get to classes that haven't even started yet. Would any of them let me pass? Of course not. Even if I say "Excuse me!" and smile? That'd be a nice and polite thing for them to do... On the stairs would anyone move just an inch? Jeezz... It's rush hour and they're sitting to chit-chat about what they f***ed last night. I so wanna listen to that! Of boy... I'm touched again somewhere where the sun don't shine! If you ask them if you can pass, they grunt and moan just like if you asked if you can make passional love to their mothers. This is how they f**k they're day, f**k they're day, f**k they're day, early in the mooooooo-rning.
I took the bus home. I am still getting acquainted to the metro so if I am in the position to chose between the metro and the bus, I'll certainly pick the bus, even though it takes me ages to get where I am supposed to get. I'm certainly a bus person! The driver honks at everything from dust particles to people crossing the street on green light. I enjoy fast drivers, but not fast bus drivers. I felt like a potato in a bag. A woman starts yelling at the driver 'cause he stopped a meter extra in front of bus station. Another starts arguing about pensions with a well dressed guy who reads a paper. How dare he be calm and content when she has a low pension? Another one starts bi***ing 'cause a little kid got close to the door to get off, too soon in her opinion, and hte kid was obviously invading her private space. She almost threw him out when the door opened. Thank God I got off in time. Who knows what would have happened next?
The only stranger who smiled at me today was an old lady walking her dog , 'cause her curly companion started to play with me when I was trying to find my keys in my hubbub of a purse.
I haven't seen such an amount of rudeness and anger in any other place, at any other time. Or maybe it's been here all along and I have been aware of it. Is it only my impression that everyone is taking out on the very next person their personal unfulfillments and mental issues? God forsake they would smile a little! They're faces would chip right off.
The next logical step in our collective and social behavior is to react like the american troubled teens do: get a shotgun and shoot anything and anyone in sight. Or you should all take up sports. That would be a nice way to get rid of evil thoughts and extra bad energy and my mornings would be for sure more pleasant.
I don't wanna be snapp-ish like a frustrated old maid, grunt and groan at the vending machine (I tried, but it doesn't help a bit, trust me!) and I don't wanna slap anyone eaaar-ly in the moooo-rning 'cause they're invading my personal bubble. I pity the poor misguided fools who do so.
I'm so zen these days nothing can disrupt me! You could all use a can of Zen into your life!
Buy Can'o'Zen! It's 100% natural and ensures your good mood from 6.45am to 3pm. :)

No comments: