Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sleep: one of the things I do best and most often. I sleep even 12 hours a day sometimes and am damn proud of it but I have the most peculiar sleeping habits and hours reserved for doing it. I sometimes talk in my sleep, or laugh, or cry, I was a sleepwalker when I just a lil' brat and night terrors were something frequent and quite intriguing to me. But lately my sleep was more peaceful and not so...active as it used to be. Or so I thought... until Thursday night when they started: nightmares, awful nightmares that keep me up 'till dawn.
"The current usage of the term nightmare refers to a dream causes the sleeper (the sleeper being ME!ME!ME! in this case) a strong unpleasant emotional response. Nightmares typically feature fear or horror, and/or the sensations of pain, falling, drowning or death." Good we cleared this issue.
Thursday night there was one about monsters dark forests and my high school which was the epicenter of it all. I was running up and down some stairs that were moving with the same speed as I was running but backwards (yeah, just like you see in mute comedies). In the highschool there were all kinds of wickets where Lolita type girls were selling sweets to those allergic the them and to the rest they were giving chopped worms. All this in a dark and filthy atmosphere. This is a recurring dream. Oh joy... Why couldn't I get a recurring dream when I was surrounded by pink fluffy clouds, I'll never understand.
The one on Friday was better. I dreamt I was a bride and the groom was nowhere to be found (but this wasn't the bad part as you might reckon). Everytime I would try to dance one of my silk,white stalkings would slip off and make me trip. Two of my friends, Ema& Flavia, with whom I haven't spoken or seen in months, (uhm...guys, are you dead and is this a sign from beyond?) were dancing around me in circles and they were wearing black outfits and were laughing hysterically, their eyes were an intense blue and they were looking straight at me giving me shivers. All these were taking place on a dusty country road surrounded by a wooden fence.
The third night, meaning last night, I dreamt I was in 61 trolley, which was full of people that wouldn't move, they were like statues with no expression whatsoever, and a lot of footballers were after me. A skinny girl with long black hair was levitating and she threw up on me. At the end, the windows of the trolley were getting closer and closer, and surprisingly I was claustrophobic, which I ain't in real life.
Now putting them in writing and being day outside makes them silly and absurd but at night they give me quite a scare. I woke up at 6.00 sharp and I was awake 'till 8 or something, being to afraid to go back to sleep, or to go to my parents' room, because most of the time bad dreams tend to continue themselves even if I take a time out from sleep. Couldn't it happen the same with pleasant dreams? Each time I dream about something pretty I get disconnected. The nice dreams are like The Young and The Restless. When the best part comes, (Victoria finds out the truth about what her father has done or Ashley tells Brad who the real father of Abby is :)) ) you get commercials and you have to wait for the next episode. God damn,producers of Y&R and of my dreams!
So, chers amis, if you get a phonecall from me at 4 am, it's not that I miss you or I'm checking up to see how you've been lately, I just had a bad dream and I'm scared... :-S
Whaaa'? If I don't get any sleep, why should the rest of you?!

No comments: